Anagrams – all the words are found in Us Minus Mum. Last letters in each word are in bold, capitals are correct as are apostrophes before a letter. So raN a’s can would be Nana’s car. Answers are at the very bottom of the page.
rap lone tim
quid or So We
Mr sti’s mouse
me in vast gig
shy pigs canal
myTh’s here so
mrs pel’se Drove to sea
Goffo does a poo on Mrs Shardini’s lawn.
Nana lifts Goffo up high and completely withers him.
Goffo farts in front of Mrs Cortez.
Goffo tries to sniff Ivan’s bottom at Topplehurst Model Village.
Theo tells his class about training Goffo for the Summer Showdown.
Goffo is filmed for television.
Goffo sits on the sofa with Dad, George and Theo.
Goffo is called Ping.
Theo and George do an experiment with a pig’s ear.
Dad trains Goffo to bark at Chelsea.
Goffo is sad because a plastic reindeer won’t be his friend.
Goffo sits a see saw for the first time.
1.What was Goffo called in the Dog Rescue Centre?
2. What is the address of the house he came to live in?
3. Who is he named after?
4. Which colour makes him growl? Why?
5. What is his favourite thing to chew?
6. Name Goffo’s brother.
7. What does Goffo like doing on the sofa that Nana hates?
8. What does Goffo do after he has passed wind?
9. How long is it from Pig’s ear to fart?
10. What does Goffo do in Mrs Shardini’s garden?
11. What blue things does Goffo bark at?
12. What does Carl Worthington call him?
13. What colour is his lead?
14. What was his brother called in the Rescue Centre?
15. Who makes something that looks like him?
16. Which animal disappoints him at Christmas?
17. What happens when Elise visits the house?
18. Who are his friends at Squire Wood?
19. What doesn’t Goffo like?
20. What is he scared of?
1. Who is George’s brother?
2. Which animal is his cuddly?
3. Which football team does he support?
4. Name the school George goes to.
5. Which animal does George talk about on television?
6. Which game do he and Elise play in the garden centre?
7. What does Goffo perform at the summer Showdown?
8. What presents is George given?
9. Name four teachers at George’s school.
10. What’s the hardest thing George does in the whole book?
11. What is Grandpa’s pet name for George?
12. How does Dermo look after George?
13. Think of four things George eats.
14. What does George think about Nana?
15, Where did George go on holiday last year?
16. Who does he like the least? Why?
17. What does George do that is naughty?
18. How does George show he cares about his family?
19. Does he fancy Janine? What makes you think this?
20. Think of three things you like about him.
Goffo, reading, trampoline, pig’s ears, Squire Wood, Mum’s stories, visiting game, playing chess, Theo’s rhymes, sleep overs at Dermo’s
1. Goffo is called Ping. 2. Dad trains Goffo to bark at Chelsea. 3. Theo and George do a scientific experiment on Goffo with a pig’s ear. 4. Goffo does a poo on Mrs Shardini’s lawn. 5. Goffo is sad because a plastic reindeer won’t be his friend. 6. Goffo tries to sniff Ivan’s bottom at Topplehurst Model Village. 7. Goffo sits on a see saw for the first time. 8. Theo tells his class about training Goffo for the Summer Showdown. 9. Nana lifts Goffo up high to make him behave and completely withers him. 10. Goffo is filmed for television. 11. Goffo farts in front of Mrs Cortez. 12. Goffo sits on the sofa with Dad, George, Theo and Dad.
1. Ping 2. 47, Holly Tree Road 3. Vincent Van Gogh 4. Blue – Dad trains him to bark and growl at Chelsea 5. Pig’s ears 6. Ivan 7. Dancing 8. Wiggle backwards 9. Six hours six minutes 10. Growl at Mrs Shardini then poo on her lawn 11. Blue Chelsea shirts, parked cars, that are blue, Dermo’s front door, blue flower pots on the patio 12. Freak 13. Pink 14. Pong 15. Elise makes a pencil sharpener 16. The plastic reindeer Dad wins at work 17. In the garden 18. Rabbits and Theo if Dermo is with them 19. Tray 20. Heights (and Nana)
1. Theo 2. Henry Snail 3. Arsenal 4. Watson Park Primary School 5. langurs 6. Making it Better game 7. See-Double-Saw trick 8. one present from Dad is a remote controlled car 9. Mrs Logan, Mr Jennings, Miss Olukajo 10. Probably standing (in a line) beside Mum’s grave 11. Dragon Slayer 12. He’s honest with him, he’s a loyal friend and protects him from AJ and Carl Worthington when they put mud on his PE things 13. Roast potatoes, pizza, guacamole dip, biscuit 14. She makes him feel safe, she’s fair, she loves and looks after him 15. Norfolk 16. Carl Worthington 17. Spits on Theo’s whoopee cushion, thumps Carl Worthington 18. George tries to be extra sensible, he looks after Theo when Theo needs him 19. He does by the end of the book because he starts noticing what she is wearing – at the beginning, he doesn’t 20. Heather Butler likes his quirky observations, how he tries hard to do well and his loyalty to his family and friends